CARE Deutschland e.V. Office in Kosovo within the Kosovo Youth Participation Project – KYP
Call for Applications
Support to Youth Entrepreneurial Activities
This call for applications is aimed for the financial Support for the Youth Entrepreneurial Activities owned by legal entities: registered business units and/or non-government organizations (NGOs).
This call for applications is announced for the granting of funds in the frame of the project “Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP”, funded by the European Union and implemented by CARE Deutschland e.V., Office in Kosovo in partnership with local organization SHL-Kosova. CARE Deutschland e.V. has been awarded a grant contract in the frame of the call for proposals: European Commission (Lot 2 –Participatory democracy, youth engagement), which aims to help disadvantaged youth, mobilisation in decision-making, voluntarism and employability.
This component of Financial Support to Third Parties scheme (FSTP) is specifically designed for entrepreneurial activities engaging young adults and aims to support creative youth-engaging entrepreneurial activities and/or similar business ideas that promote innovation. The youth entrepreneurial activities are eligible for FSTP only if owned by officially registered legal entities: registered businesses or non-government organizations – NGOs, applying with a feasible business plan, which demonstrates creativeness, innovation and direct participation of youth.
- Officially registered businesses led by youth (aged 18 – 29) and/or
- Officially registered NGOs working in the fields of advancing the role of civil society for social justice, participation, human rights, culture, environment and media with demonstrated record of previous projects with youth in local communities and experience on cooperation with local institutions; applying with a business idea directly engaging youth.
- Informal entities
TYPES OF ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTIVITIES TO BE SUPPORTED
The call will support innovative enterprises/startups, which focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Provision of services that promote youth, mobilization and human rights
- Digital technologies
- Creative production (arts, crafts)
- Youth social entrepreneurship
- Sustainable, green technologies
- Cultural/artistic commercial activities
- Media activities with a commercial component.
Apart from the feasibility and sustainability all supported entrepreneurial activities need to explain the following:
- How will the proposed project generate youth employment
- How will the proposed project contribute towards the development of the professional capacities of the applicant
The project will support up to 5 entrepreneurial activities from registered businesses and/or NGOs, with an average grant amount of 8,000 EUR.
The selection process will take place in the period August – October 2022. Contract signing for the finally selected beneficiaries is expected in October 2022.
The grants for will be provided for formal entities: youth led businesses/NGOs registered and operating in the following municipalities: Deçan/Dečani, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Junik/Junik, Gjakova/Đakovica, Peja/Peć, Rahovec/Orahovac, Obiliq/Obilić, and Suharekë/Suva Reka. The KYP project will strive to achieve a proportional allocation of sub-grants to each target municipality; however, the distribution of financial support will also be affected by the quality of the received applications.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
Applications will be submitted through the project developed Application Form, in any of the following languages: Albanian, Serbian and English. The applicant cannot deliver more than one application. The full application must be submitted electronically to the following email: email@example.com no later than 25 August 2022. All applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application form (Annex 1)
- Budget form (Annex 2)
- Business registration document for business applying, for NGOs registration certificate, issued by the Department for NGO; and UNI/Fiscal Number Certificate.
- Total annual turnover statement from TAK for existing businesses and certificate that prove that the business and/ or NGO has no debt to TAK (not older than 3 months).
Request for Clarifications/Further Information: Applicants may submit their requests for clarifications by 19 August 2022 at 16:00, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you can find forms for application: