CARE Deutschland e.V. Office in Kosovo, within its project “Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP”, financed by the European Union- Advancing the role of civil society for social justice, participation and human rights (EuropeAid/171380/DD/ACT/XK 11/2020-IPA 2019, Contract no. 2021/430-824) is looking to engage an external consultant (expert(s) or a consultancy company) to conduct capacity building trainings for project beneficiaries on the subject of digital marketing.
The trainings will be conducted for the total of around 30 participant’s youth from rural areas and small towns from eight target project municipalities: Deçan/Dečani, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Junik/Junik, Gjakova/Đakovica, Peja/Peć, Rahovec/Orahovac, Obiliq/Obilić, and Suharekë/Suva Reka.
About CARE International work in the Balkans
CARE’s work in the Balkans started in 1993 when it provided humanitarian support to people affected by war. In the late 90-ties, CARE shifted its focus in the region from humanitarian post-war assistance and rehabilitation to socio-economic development, engaging in interventions directed at conflict prevention and peace-building, sustainable livelihoods, gender equality and the prevention of gender-based violence.
CARE International in the Balkans places the quality of its program at the center of its mission and has developed a regional strategy that encompasses two main program directions: Gender Equality and Social and Economic Inclusion. CARE’s Gender Equality Program aims to empower women vulnerable to violence, discrimination, and poverty, to reach better life opportunities and social justice, and to work on the prevention of peer violence and building of tolerance among young men in the Western Balkans. The goal of the Social and Economic Inclusion Program is to strengthen capacity and create opportunities for the marginalized, socially excluded, and poor to integrate into society and access rights. CARE’s engagement and contribution lie in strengthening the sustainability of key regional, national, and/ or local civil society organizations and networks promoting equality and diversity, in the context of social inclusion and non-violence.
CARE Deutschland e.V. Office in Kosovo is implementing the project Kosovo Youth Participation -KYP funded by the European Union (EU). The action that is implemented by CARE in partnership with SHL – Kosova (SHL-K), seeks to contribute to the active inclusion of civil society in Kosovo in promoting democratic values, inclusive governance, and achievement of human rights and fundamental freedoms. The specific objective of the project is to foster democratic participation, civic engagement, and social inclusion of different groups of marginalized youth, mainly from rural areas and small towns of Kosovo.
The following results/outputs are expected to be achieved by the project:
1) Increase the participation of disadvantaged youth in decision making, in local communities and on the central level, through: capacity building/awareness raising on human rights and activism; mentoring of youth groups for inclusion in local and national decision-making processes; local youth actions to improve the position of disadvantaged youth.
2) Enhance the engagement and employability of marginalised youth, in particular young women, through skills development and involvement in volunteering initiatives. The activities will include information campaigns, training for employment skills development (raising of employability of youth through training, internship and supported youth entrepreneurial activities), and support to volunteering among the disadvantaged youth from rural areas and smaller towns.
3) Foster Democratic dialogue across Kosovo youth, fostered through raised awareness on and promotion of gender equality, solidarity, inter-cultural relations and counter stereotypes and disinformation, by: awareness raising and facilitation of debates; peer exchange; involvement in ongoing youth-led discussions in Kosovo.
Purpose and objectives of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct two 5 days’ of training for two groups of around 15 youth, aged 15-25 – representatives of the informal youth groups from eight target municipalities. The main goal of the training will be to increase their knowledge of theory and practical use of digital marketing techniques, sufficient for enabling them to utilize digital marketing techniques in their work.
The Consultant will undertake two sessions of participatory theoretical and practical training for digital marketing for the selected project beneficiaries (youth) in the following topics:
- Creating websites in Word Press, publishing content and administration;
- Image processing, creation of a portfolio, logo creation.
- Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram.
- SEO – search engine optimization.
The trainer(s) will provide all materials for work and study during and for later research and learning after the training completion. During the training, the trainer(s) will provide mentoring throughout the practical workshops of the training.
The training will be organized in Prishtina and will include project-selected youth from the municipalities: Deçan/Dečani, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Junik/Junik, Gjakova/Đakovica, Peja/Peć, Rahovec/Orahovac, Obiliq/Obilić, and Suharekë/Suva Reka. The training will be organized in two, 5 days’ rounds, for around 15 participants in each round.
Scope of work
The following consultancy tasks are expected:
- Define the sub-topics for the typical training module, adjusted for the target group, and confirm them with the CARE Project Manager. Prepare the training plan and training materials and agree with CARE on the final training agenda and methodology.
- Conduct 10 days’ training on the mentioned topics for two groups of around 15 participants in each group.
- Provide references/sources for all materials used during the engagement.
- Hand over to CARE the entire original quantitative and qualitative data documentation generated for the purposes of the consultancy, upon the acceptance of the final outputs of the consultancy by CARE’s Project Manager, prior to the payment.
- Provide a Certificate of professional competence for the use of Digital Marketing for all participants who pass the training.
- Prepare a Consultancy Report, in English, 3 pages max. plus Annexes.
- Select the beneficiaries who will participate in the training program.
- Agree on the work plan and agenda for the training with the Consultant.
- Coordinate with the Consultant throughout the training, and agree on the materials that will be used by the participants.
- Undertake the logistics for the training, regarding the training venue (in case the company can’t provide the venue), equipment, translation (if needed), and expenses of the beneficiaries’ participation.
Intervention logic – Methodology
The training workshops will be organized in Albanian, with the translation to other languages as appropriate (Serbian, Roma) as mostly a guided practical exercise, insisting on participatory methods for all its segments and the usage of practical and up-to-date digital online tools. The participants will be given the opportunity to exercise the methods they learn about during the training, optimizing the usage of the gained knowledge and tools.
The training materials will be provided to increase the capacities and knowledge of the candidates/participants in digital marketing and in the field of IT with the aim to prepare them for professional engagement in this field.
The training assignment is expected to be undertaken after signing the Service Contract with CARE, over the period 4 May – 30 May. It is expected that the Consultant to be engaged for a total of 12 days: two x 5 days’ training for youth groups with around 15 participants per group and 2 additional days for the preparation and reporting. The number of training will depend on the number of applications of potential participants and CARE reserves the right to organize only one training group in case of a low number of applicants.
|4 May 2023||Initial meeting; Presentation of the training topics and plan, developed documents, and training methodology to the project team.|
|8 May – 26 May 2023||Training implementation|
|30 May 2023||Submission of the Consultancy Report with the materials used, to be approved by the Project Manager.|
Management and organization
The Consultant(s) will report to the Project Manager of the Kosovo Youth Participation Project.
- Master’s degree in IT, Marketing, and/, or a similar relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in providing participatory, practical training in digital marketing. An accredited trainer for this specific field is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the current trends and demands for digital marketing, in Kosovo and internationally and the possibilities of youth engagement in this field.
- Excellent workshop and communication techniques.
- Excellent command of Albanian and English languages, oral and written.
Application – Offer
The applications should be submitted in English via e-mail. The deadline for sending application offers is 30.04.2023.
Criteria for the Selection of Best Offer
The contract will be awarded based on the assessment of both technical and financial elements of the bid. It will also be based on the quality and creativity of the relevant Consultant(s)’, portfolio, and insurance of the transfer of practical knowledge to trainees.
The consultancy proposal should consist of the following:
- Expert(s), Consultant’s CV/portfolio, with references relevant for the required activity.
- Methodology and draft work plan for the consultancy, general presentation of the materials to be used during the consultancy.
- Financial offer in EUR, with a breakdown of costs and a statement of confirming the required availability within the consultancy period. The offered price/bid should include all costs of the consultancy, including taxes and related costs of the bidder (travel, etc.).
Interested consultancy companies/expert(s) are invited to submit their expression of interest/proposal, including a financial bid with the subject: “TRAINER for Digital Marketing for the project Kosovo Youth Participation”, by 30.04.2023, to the following e-mail: email@example.com
If you are applying to a Consultancy Company, please send your financial offer VAT free, before the given deadline.
If you are applying as an individual/expert(s), please send your financial offer as a gross amount, separating clearly the net amount and all other costs, before the given deadline.
For any further information in regards to the guidelines and technical proposal, please contact the KYP Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
The views expressed in the document can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union Office in Kosovo.