TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE CONSULTANCY – Enhancing engagement and employability of disadvantaged youth through Internship and On-job-training in the frame of the project: Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP.
CARE, Office in Kosovo, within its project “Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP”, financed by the European Union- Advancing the role of civil society for social justice, participation and human rights (EuropeAid/171380/DD/ACT/XK 11/2020-IPA 2019, Contract no. 2021/430-824):
is looking to contract external consultant(s) – expert(s) or a consultancy company (in further text: Consultant) to facilitate the activity internship/on-the-job-training for students in local companies, as one of the Active Labour Market Measure (ALMM) that contributes to enhancement of the employability.
This activity will be undertaken within the Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) scheme of the KYP project. It should include over 50 youngsters from rural areas and small towns in the eight target project municipalities: Deçan/Dečani, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Junik/Junik, Gjakova/Đakovica, Peja/Peć, Rahovec/Orahovac, Obiliq/Obilić, and Suharekë/Suva Reka.
Purpose and objectives of the consultancy
The main task of this consultancy/service is to facilitate the process of selection and enrolment of 50 candidates/students age 18 – 24 from eight target municipalities, in internship/ on-the-job training in locally operating companies.
The Consultant will undertake the identification of companies for internship, match the profiles of the candidates selected jointly with CARE and facilitate the Internship/On-job-training program for suitable candidates from the target municipalities.
As the main project implementer, CARE is in charge of administering the internship program and the partner organisation SHL-Kosova will support its realisation, through regular monitoring and documentation of the results of this activity. CARE will be in charge of announcing the call for internship candidates and informing the youth in the project target areas about this project opportunity.
Internship for around 50 finished students will be organised in cooperation with local companies and regulated according to the domestic law, and based on the MoU signed between CARE and Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo (EARK). The interns will be placed in local companies for the duration of 3 months (full time) – 6 months (part time). The project will provide them with monthly reimbursement.
The Internship/On-job-training will be organized/conducted in eight target municipalities; Deçan/Dečani, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Junik/Junik, Gjakova/Đakovica, Peja/Peć, Rahovec/Orahovac, Obiliq/Obilić, and Suharekë/Suva Reka. The consultancy services should be implemented in two phases:
- Matching the profile of the candidates with the local companies.
- Monitoring and administering documentation for the individual internship programs of the candidates over the entire period of realisation (up to 6 months).
Throughout the consultancy, activation and participation of women will be strongly encouraged and promoted.
Detailed Scope of work
The following consultancy tasks are expected:
- Design a detailed plan for the consultancy, in communication and agreement with CARE.
- Design the documents (applications, internship log-book, timesheets, data base, supporting documents etc.) for the implementation of the internship program, in communication with the CARE Project Manager. Provide references/source for all materials used during the implementation of the task.
- Inform locally operating companies from the mentioned target regions about the KYP internship opportunity and identify companies interested in accepting interns.
- Conduct counselling for profile matching (candidates – internship posts) for the internship process.
- Participate in the process of selection of beneficiaries.
- Mentoring of the selected candidates for the interns to register at the Employment Offices, if they are not already enlisted.
- Facilitate the process of placement of the interns in the local companies.
- Compile and systemise the mandatory monthly documentation (internship log books signed by the employer, timesheets, updated database etc.) from the candidates and employers, regarding the internship program. Regularly exchange information with both mentioned parties and monthly reporting to the KYP PM. The monthly consultancy report (1-2 pages) will be determined by CARE, in consultation with the Consultant.
- Prepare the Final Consultancy Service Report in English, 5 pages max plus Annexes. The consultancy/service recommendations will represent one of the mandatory Annexes to the Consultancy Report.
- Hand-over to CARE entire original quantitative and qualitative data documentation generated for the purposes of the consultancy, upon the acceptance of the final outputs of the consultancy by CARE’s Project Manager.
- Agree on the detailed consultancy plan with the Consultant at the beginning of the process.
- Provide to the Consultant the project documentation relevant for the consultancy/service – Application forms received from the candidates, linkages with the Employment Offices in the target municipalities based on the MoU with EARK, and other necessary documents for the realisation of the task.
- Announce the call for applications for the internship program and undertake information sharing among youth from the target areas.
- Undertake the process of selection of the candidates for the internship program, in communication with the Consultant.
- Sign tri-party contracts with the candidates included in the internship program and employers/companies, regulating mutual relations.
- Coordinate with the Consultant throughout the implementation of the internship program, agree on the materials to be used and on the activity monitoring.
- Undertake the monthly payments of the interns, as stipulated by the three-party agreement.
Timeframe and step by step implementation plan
The training assignment is expected to be undertaken after signing the Service Contract with CARE. It is expected that the consultancy will be undertaken within the total of 35 days, over the period 3 April – 10 October 2023.
|28 March 2023||Initial meeting – agreement on the consultancy plan, schedule, developed documents/forms for the task.|
|April- September 2023||Enrolling the candidates in Internship/On-Job-training|
|10 October 2023||Submission of the Consultancy Report with all accompanying documentation, as mentioned.|
Management and organization
The Consultant(s) will report to the Project Manager of the Kosovo Youth Participation Project.
- Graduated Master degree in Economy and / or a similar field;
- At least three-years working experience in the field of counselling and/or implementing project in the area of economic integration;
- Excellent knowledge of the business landscape in Kosovo. Developed contacts with companies operating in the target project regions.
- Excellent knowledge about the needs of youth, especially in rural areas of Kosovo.
- Excellent knowledge of the existing government labour measures and needs of the local companies.
- Excellent monitoring techniques, incorporating participatory approach.
- Continuous engagement in the field.
- Excellent command over Albanian, Serbian and English languages, oral and written. High-level interpersonal and communication skills adjusted to youth needs.
The consultancy bid should be submitted in English via e-mail and should contain the financial offer, general information about the bidder and reference portfolio. The deadline for sending applications-bids is: 20.03.2023.
Criteria for the Selection of Best Offer
The consultancy contract will be awarded based on the assessment of both technical and financial elements of the bid and on the quality of the relevant Consultant(s)’, portfolio.
The consultancy proposal should consist of the following:
- Bidder’s CV/portfolio, with references relevant for the required activity.
- Methodology and draft work plan for the consultancy, general presentation of the services to be offered for this task.
- Financial offer in EUR, with a breakdown of costs and statement of confirming the required availability within the consultancy period. The offered price/bid should include all costs of the consultancy, including taxes and related costs of the bidder (travel, etc.).
Interested consultancy companies/expert(s) are invited to submit their expression of interest, including remuneration/financial offer VAT free with the subject: “CONSULTANCY IN THE FRAME OF THE PROJECT KOSOVO YOUTH PARTICIPATION – KYP”, by 20.03.2023, to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information in regards to the guidelines and technical proposal, please contact the KYP Project Manager through: email@example.com, cc the email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16.03.2023.
FOR FULL TERMS OF REFERENCE, CLICK HERE.