Job Title: Intern – Student Assistant (paid internship)
Donor: European Union – EU
Implemented by: CARE International Balkans, Office in Kosovo
Place(s) of work: Prishtinë
Contract Duration: 6 months (part time, 20 h per week)
Expected starting date: 01.12.2022
Date of the advertisement: 28.10.2022
Project Summary: CARE International Balkans, office in Kosovo, in partnership with CARE Deutschland e.V. is implementing the Kosovo Youth Participation – KYP project funded by the European Union (EU). The action that will be implemented by CARE as the lead applicant and SHL- Kosova, as co-applicant seeks to contribute to the active inclusion of civil society in Kosovo in promoting democratic values, inclusive governance and achievement of human rights and fundamental freedoms. The specific objective of the project is to foster democratic participation, civic engagement and social inclusion of different groups of marginalized youth in Kosovo. The project is expected to:
- Increase the participation of disadvantaged youth in decision making, in local communities and on the central level, through: capacity building/awareness raising on human rights and activism; mentoring of youth groups for inclusion in local and national decision-making processes; local youth actions to improve the position of disadvantaged youth.
- Enhance the engagement and employability of marginalized youth, in particular young women, through skills development and involvement in volunteering initiatives. The activities will include information campaigns, trainings for employment skills development (raising of employability of youth through trainings, internship and supported youth entrepreneurial activities), support to volunteering among the disadvantaged youth from rural areas and smaller towns.
- Foster Democratic dialogue across Kosovo youth, fostered through raised awareness on and promotion of gender equality, solidarity, inter-cultural relations and counter stereotypes and dis-information, by: awareness raising and facilitation of debates; peer exchange; involvement in ongoing youth-led discussions in Kosovo.
Main tasks and duties:
- Intern will perform the duties of a project assistant, and is under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- He/she will do research related to the project components and offer administrative support to the project team.
- He/she facilitates the team in the documentation of the project activities, and assists in the visibility of the project in public events e.g. workshops, forums, and meetings as foreseen with the project and per donors’ requirements.
- He/she collects invoices from the activities, events, workshops, cash payments, and does the proper filing electronically and physically, creates and names folders accordingly.
- Organizing travel bookings, and accommodations, for the volunteers.
- Vehicles filing system maintenance including vehicles’ log sheets, registrations and other relevant documentation; fuel consumption calculation on monthly bases for the KYP project.
- Ensures the existence of a complete set of required documents to be attached to each type of request.
- File all financial documents to the appropriate files according to the established rules and in proper order.
- Drafts text for the web page and Facebook of the project, in line with the donors’ requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned from the Project Manager and CARE team.
Education and qualification:
- Students in the last year of studies or newly graduated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and English, Serbian language would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently;
- Computer literacy, including facility with Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s license, category B with driving experience is an asset.
- Personality and skills to work proactively and under tight deadlines and as part of a team.
Interested candidates are invited to email their documents in English.
Please send ONLY your CV along with a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 November, 2022 using the title of the Position in the headline: Intern – Student Assistant. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.